Re: [hylafax-users] OS X user experiences wanted

> Hmmm . . . this is disappointing as I was really hoping for a low
> cost high volume Mac solution.   I am not a Linux person.  Does
> GNU-Linux have a GUI interface for HylaFax or is it line command?
> Are preconfigured turn key soluitons sold?

While a GUI interface for administering or installing HylaFAX server may
exist or be under development, I'm not aware of one.  Having never seen or
used OS X, I may be speaking out of turn, but I don't believe HylaFAX server
would have a GUI there either just by virtue of being run on a Mac.

The user interface for HylaFAX, on the other hand, can be GUI.  There are
several available that makes using HylaFAX very easy for the end users to
use.  If you want "low cost, high volume".  Run it on Linux.  It will run
extremely well on throw-away PC hardware (I run my server on a Celeron
400Mhz w/256M ram), and no one on your network even needs to know you have
sold out your Mac alliance. ;)

Regardless of Mr. Nickerson's claims, any reasonably computer literate soul
will have excellent results in setting up HylaFAX on their first Linux
installation, especially with the help of this list's contributors.  What
have you got to lose, give it a try!  I did, and I haven't looked back.

JM