Re: [hylafax-users] eicon diva server / alt fax board

enricoadriano.ghezzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all, I'm an happy user of hylafax since 2 years , I didn't have any remarkable
problem, now I'm planning a big upgrade to my system, requirements are

want to use a more robust fax board like diva server to get :
- per user fax (each user has an extension number for voice and for fax
- direct routing of the fax based on ext-number

I wouldn't necessarily equate "robust" with "DID-capable". Your requirements indicate that you want DID capability. "Robustness" is something else... and for the most part around here means "not USR".

I looked in the list archive but I wasn't able to find a definitive answer,
please anyone can point me in the right direction in synthesis questions are:
1) is eicon diva server compatible with hylafax, is there an howto for installation
(I have to place order this week *sigh*, my boss is pressing!)

Yes, you can use the Eicon Diva Server with HylaFAX.

2)is this configuration suitable to handle per extension fax

Yes, the Eicon Diva Server supports DID.

That said... you seem to be indicating that you're using analog modems up until now. That would indicate that the volume of fax calls that you are receiving is rather low. You probably don't need a dense digital line in order to handle your needs.

You may want to take a look at the MultiTech MT5634ZBA-DID before you go and buy a Diva Server. I don't know if you can get "analog DID" lines in Italy, but it would save you some money - both in recurring fees and in hardware cost - if your fax volume is low enough to not require dense lines.

Lee.