Re: [hylafax-users] Digi Acceleport won't run as Class 1, sends blank pages as Class 2/2.0

Barry Wiseman wrote:

I've seen a good handful of previous posts re my issues, but no solutions.

RHES 3.0
hylafax-4.2.1-1rh3
Digi AccelePort RAS 4
dgdm-1.1-1

I'd really like to run this card as Class 1, but Class 1 send attempts
always return a "failure to train remote modem" error (see trace below).

Despite my best efforts to get Digi to fix these problems, Digi pretty much didn't seem interested in fixing them. That said, the Digi Acceleport uses the same drivers as the Digi DataFire RAS, and Patton purchased the DataFire RAS line from Digi, and so it became the Patton 2977. Patton did fix these problems that I reported to Digi, and so you can use the Patton 2977 driver and firmware on the Acceleports without a hitch.

Be aware, however, that the firmware (included in the driver) that Patton posts online (at least the last time I looked) is outdated and won't perform much better than Digi's. You may need to contact Patton to get them to send you the updated firmware.

Unless you want to try out the V.34 features of these things in Class 2.1 then I would highly recommend that you avoid Class 2 on them, as you've noted, there are lots of problems.

Lee.