Re: [hylafax-users] Single line modem suggestion?

> Maybe its just my config, but the ol sportster is bombing out after
> between 10-12 pages (most of my faxes average 15) and only receives in
> class 1 mode.

Class 1.0 is what you want if you want to use the USR.  What do you mean by
"Bombing out"?  I imagine if you were to post a log file or something, the
conscensus will be to ditch the USR modem, which would be a good idea anyway
if you don't want to use it for production.  I mean, why spend a bunch of
time and effort on the USR related problems if you're going to replace it
anyway?

My advice, for what its worth:  Get recommendations from the fine folks
here, and then buy your production hardware FIRST. Hylafax will likely work
with it 'out of the box'.  This will pay off many fold over time in ease of
upgrades and community support.

JM