Re: [hylafax-users] PAM problem...

Selon Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 divotre@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the same problem with pam_unix.so (works for root
> > and same error message for other users) than in this message
> > and previous thread:
> > http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-06/msg00356.html
> > but there isn't any solution in the message...
> > What should I do? Run Hylafax as root?
>
> Yes.
>
> Both hfaxd and faxq change euid to uucp later.
>
> Lee.

Hi and thanks for your response.

but it seems that it is already running as root by default (at least started).
My init script (from the redhat9 rpm downloaded from hylafax website) starts
Hylafax as root, which instantanetly change its euid to uucp. And that makes
auth agains pam_unix fails (for non root users)...

I would like to know how people made it work against pam_unix...

I tried http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-12/msg00136.html
without success. Is it my PAM version which is bugged: 0.75-48 ?
Does following versions allow pam_unix.so to be used as unprivileged
users? Does I need to modify Hylafax to stay as root?

Could someone send me an example of a pam config using pam_ldap, if it has
not the same problem...?

thanks in advance.

Damien