Re: [hylafax-users] MT5656ZDX on Hylafax

Sam,

The only commands that you need to set the modem are:
AT+FCLASS=2
AT+FAA=1

You can even test this using a basic terminal emulation such as
HyperTerminal in Windows or minicom in linux.
This is what the modem suppose to do.

OK                    / You set the modem with the right commands
at+fclass=2
OK
at+faa=1
OK
at+fclass?
2

OK
                     / A fax call is coming in , and the modem should answer
in fax mode

RING

+FCON

+FTSI:"        763 717 5721"

+FDCS:0,5,0,2,0,0,0,3

OK

+FHNG:72

OK
                   /Another fax call is coming in and the modem should
answer in fax mode.
RING

+FCON

+FTSI:"        763 717 5721"

+FDCS:0,5,0,2,0,0,0,3

OK

+FHNG:72

OK

               /When a data call is coming the modem should answer in data
mode.
RING

DATA

CONNECT 33600 V42bis

OK

After the modem answers in data modem .The modem can not switch back to fax
mode so the software needs to configure the modem one more time with the
following commands.

OK
at+fclass=2
OK
at+faa=1
OK

Be sure that your software configure the modem after each call, this way the
modem should answer in fax or data modem, depending of the incoming call.

If you test the modem with a terminal. Let me know if the modem fails to
answer a fax or data call.

If the modem answers correctly in the terminal, then the problem could be a
configuration in or modem support from you software.
www.hylafax.org  will be able to provide a list of supported modems with
their software.

Regards,

Samuel.