Re: [hylafax-users] initgroups: Operation not permitted

On Friday 18 March 2005 12:02, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When a data incoming call (after change 10 times my config.ttyS0) I got:
>
> GETTY: START "/etc/hylafax/getty-link -r -b -s 19200 ttyS0", pid 24876
> runGetty::initgroups: Operation not permitted
>
> !?#

That is a known bug that's been fixed in CVS.  It has nothing to do with your
modem.  If you're still having problems with receiving data calls there are
some configuration ideas for that (in addition to voice) in my mini-howto.
There's a link to it in the hylafax wiki: http://wiki.ifax.com/tiki-index.php
under "Howto", "Setup with Distinctive Ring".  Data is treated as well as
voice, with or without distinctive ring.  For instance, I have found agetty
to be perfectly good and much simpler for receiving data connections.
I have "GettyArgs:   "-w -t 60 %s -" and line PATHGETTY='/sbin/agetty'
in setup.cache as configured by faxsetup.

George