Re: [hylafax-users] Access to hylafax using sockets

I just finished setting up a quick and dirty faxserver. Took the idea of smbfax (which never worked for me, either samba side or web side) and wrote a quick replacement using bash, mailm, and some php web pages. Add a Linux user (system uses local-only mail since his office has no mail/net connection) and smbpasswd them, connect to the fake fax printer share, print something to it, check the mail, fill out a form, click send. Incoming faxes are on a samba share as read-only for 10 days with notification email sent to all 5 users, then are cleaned out via a cron job.

Took about 8 hours including a bare net install of debian to power it all.

Steve

David A Davidson wrote:
Is there any way to communicate to hlyfax on the Unix box using tcp/ip sockets. I know that I can communicate with the unix system but could I connect with hlyfax to, say from a windows client.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
David Davidson
Wright Printing