Re: [hylafax-users] Sending Variety of Page Sizes

On 2005.01.31 11:39 John Seberg wrote:
I want to send documents that are a mix of legal and letter page sizes.
For example, in the same document, page 1 is letter, page 2 is legal,
the rest are letter.

Is this possible?

It's possible to do with fax (using pagelength = unlimited and page width = a4), but it's not possible to do with HylaFAX the way that things are with faxq.

I'm assuming it is not, based on how hylafax makes adjustments according to the receiving machine's capabilities. I don't see a way to specify a page size for each page of a document.

Faxq prepares the image, both width and length. There's not currently a "pagelength" indicator in the sendq file that indicates "unlimited length" pages, so faxq has to prepare the image with some fixed-length setting.

You may want to contact Frank Brock who made some changes to let mixed-pagelength TIFF images go through ps2fax, which basically tricked faxq into thinking the job was prepared when it really didn't do anything with pagelength. This is generally okay, but if the receiver doesn't support unlimited page length, then it is a problem.

Lee.