Re: [hylafax-users] System Crashing Hard after 1 or 2 submitted Jobs are sent

* Corey <corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [050127 18:47]:
> Hello all
>
>  I have recently setup a little fax server to do fax stuff lol
>
> anyways its running on gentoo 1.4.16 according to /etc/gentoo-release
>

> hylafax-4.2.0-r2 according to emerge -pv hylafax USE flags were -faxonly
> +jpeg +pam

You should probably upgrade if you can.  Many fixes have gone into
4.2.1.

> Linux 2.4.26-gentoo-r13 according to uname -a
>
> anyways if anyone would like more specific information I will submit it
>
> what we are trying to do is use HylaFSP for tight integration with our
> Outlook (Ugh) email contacts it seems to work ok except that when we
> submit our fax list current one working on is 580+ local numbers the
> server will crash after sending 1 fax and starting on the second
>
> after I just rebooted again it seems to be happily send messages one  at
> a time from /var/spool/fax/sendq

> which seems fine I am just lost now as I am not sure why it would crash
> after we submit a job and then fax out fine after I have rebooted it

Is this something repeatable, or did it just happen once, and you can't
figure it out.

If it's repeatable, then we'll definitely want to look into this with
you.   We can't be much help without more info.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103