Re: [hylafax-users] System Crashing Hard after 1 or 2 submitted Jobs are sent

--- Corey <corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all
>
>  I have recently setup a little fax server to do fax
> stuff lol
>
> anyways its running on gentoo 1.4.16 according to
> /etc/gentoo-release
>

> hylafax-4.2.0-r2 according to emerge -pv hylafax USE
> flags were -faxonly
> +jpeg +pam
>
> Linux 2.4.26-gentoo-r13 according to uname -a
>
> anyways if anyone would like more specific
> information I will submit it
>
> what we are trying to do is use HylaFSP for tight
> integration with our
> Outlook (Ugh) email contacts it seems to work ok
> except that when we
> submit our fax list current one working on is 580+
> local numbers the
> server will crash after sending 1 fax and starting
> on the second
>
> after I just rebooted again it seems to be happily
> send messages one  at
> a time from /var/spool/fax/sendq
>
> the user uucp has the following processes running
>
> uucp      9875  0.1  3.3  4280 2076 ?        Ss
> 16:43
> 0:05 /usr/sbin/faxq
> uucp      9879  0.0  2.4  3828 1520 ?        Ss
> 16:43
> 0:00 /usr/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
> uucp     10065  0.0  3.3  4264 2068 ?        Ss
> 16:43
> 0:00 /usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0
> uucp     15134  0.8  3.6  4228 2216 ?        S
> 17:32   0:00 faxsend
> -m ttyS0 sendq/q2843
>
> which seems fine I am just lost now as I am not sure
> why it would crash
> after we submit a job and then fax out fine after I
> have rebooted it

Maybe you wanna give a try with whfc, after exporting
your outlook contacts.

http://www.uli-eckhardt.de/whfc/1.2/index.shtml

> Please I would really appreciate any assistance the
> chat around the
> office is now that we should have stuck with winfax
> pro as it also
> crashed but at least the secretary knew how to fix
> it Reboot and
> continue faxing this solution should be rock solid
> stable which hylafax
> has been in the past for me But I am now lost
>
> Thanks Corey

Well, if your co-workers are confortable and pleased
with the winfax crashes, they should be left with it.
They deserve it anyway.

Pedro