Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.2.1 for Fedora Core 3 ?

Darren Nickerson wrote:
"Davide Bolcioni" <db-hylafax@xxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,
I was looking for a Hylafax 4.2.1 RPM for Fedora Core 3, but in

ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/linux/redhat/RPMS/i386

the best I find is

hylafax-4.2.0-1rhp.i386.rpm

and the SRPM in

ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/linux/redhat/SRPMS

is

hylafax-4.2.0-1rh9.src.rpm

i.e. apparently there is no .src.rpm from which I could rebuild
the above binary RPM. Any suggestions about how am I supposed
to proceed ?

Apolgies for the delay in getting these published, ... we've been a bit busy restoring various parts of hylafax.org from backup! ;-)

No need to apologize, I was unsure about how to proceed.

We'll have all the platforms built & tested very shortly, and will announce here when they're available. In the meantime, you can grab the .src.rpm for 4.2.0 and make it build 4.2.1 without too much trouble, if you have any experience with RPM and .spec files.

I do have some experience with the stuff, but I see no point in rolling my own in this case. Do you have any plans for a yum repository or
inclusion in Fedora Extras or other repositories ?

Thank you,
Davide Bolcioni
--
Paranoia is a survival asset.