[hylafax-users] [TIFF] curios strange problem!

Hi.
On a Debian Linux Sarge with Hylafax 4.2.0-16 and
libtiff 3.6.1-5 I have a strange problem.

FaxDispatch deliver the incoming file as tif
attachment by email.
If I try to open the attachment with any mua (outlook
express, thunderbird), ANY graphic program cannot open
it and return an error message like "The documents'
format is invalid or not support"

But... there is a but!

If I copy the same fax file from
/var/spool/hylafax/recvq to /tmp as :
'cp /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/fax000000013.tiff /tmp'
and I try open it (/tmp is shared via samba to any
windows client in my lan), it works and it open
perfectly with any graphic software (including default
Win2000 korad imaging).

The same tiff, via email cannot open (even with
Irfanview + plugins) but can open via file-share
(samba) can open!

Please note that I tried also with the libtiff 3.5.7
from hylafax ftp server with the same result (of
course I removed the libtiff-3.6.1-5 before).

Any clues ?
Thanks
David