Re: [hylafax-users] some failed faxes not in xferfaxlog

On 2005.01.07 12:50 Mike Noel wrote:
At 01:20 PM 1/7/2005, Lee Howard wrote:

Are they being terminated at killtime?

Not that I know of. There are no messages in the xferfaxlog or system messages file indicating that the fax was killed due to killtime. Our hyla.conf file doesn't change the default killtime. Neither does our fax client. So I assume that the killtime is still the 3h default. However, these faxes are quitting much earlier than that. One that I'm looking at right now was submitted at 17:17:37. Reported the first "no carrier detected" at 17:18:46. Reported the second "no carrier detected" at 17:24:55. At this point the messages file shows that bin/notify was called.

Ah, but see 'man hylafax-config' under "NoCarrierRetries". It will only try twice, by default, if it gets NO CARRIER... unless we have a history of successfully being able to fax to this destination.

Lee.