[hylafax-users] some failed faxes not in xferfaxlog

I am finding some outgoing faxes from my system are failing but the failure is not being reported in the xferfaxlog. Most of the failed faxes show up but some don't. It also appears that the maxretries isn't being tried for these non-reported faxes. My maxretries is set to 3. I will see the first attempt get a "no carrier detected". Then a second attempt shows up in the log with the same problem. Then the third attempt never shows up. The message from the second attempt doesn't say "giving up" or "too many tries".

This problem is not only occurring with a "no carrier detected" error. Sometimes it happens with a busy signal.

Does anyone have any idea why some of these aren't showing up?

Hylafax Version: 4.2.0
OS: Linux Redhat Enterprise 3

Thanks for any help.

-Mike Noel