Re: [hylafax-users] Introductory question ...

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 14:37, Mohammad Khan wrote:
> Hello List:
>

> I would like to have a fax server in my home network.
> I am planing to use HylaFax for my fax server.
>
> I have couple of questions:
>
> 1. What clients are available for windows 2000 platform?
> 2. I will send/receive 50-100 fax per month. Is HylaFax right for me?
> 3. I can only make local call from my phone. Is that mean, I would be
> able to fax out to my local calling area only?
> 4. If #3 is yes, is there any free fax-router available (for HylaFax
> server) to fax out beyond my local calling area?
> 5. Can HylaFax distinguish fax, voice and data tone? It might depends on
> modem too, I am not so sure.
> 6. Is there any answering machine module available for voice call?

There is a patch and mini-howto available for integrating hylafax with vgetty.
See http://wiki.ifax.com/tiki-index.php under "Setup with Vgetty".   The
patch allows you to use distinctive ring, which you might want to use if you
get 50-100 faxes per month.   It is somewhat involved, so if you're new to
HylaFAX it might be prudent to establish the fax server before adding the
voicemail functionality.

George