[hylafax-users] HylaFAX on Fedora Core 2

Hello All,

I am currently in the process of evaluating HylaFAX as a potential solution to a fax problem at my work. I have begun by downloading, compiling, and installing from source (version 4.2.0) on a machine running Fedora Core 2. I am now working my way through the Setup and How-To docs in order to get things up and running. I've made it through the setup, getting my fax modem configured, and the faxq and hfaxd processes running. However, I have now run into a little stumbling block. When I attempt to run the "faxstat -v" command I get the following output:
Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
220 rhserv2 server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.2.0) ready.
-> USER root
230 User root logged in.
-> PORT 127,0,0,1,128,195
Service not available, remote server closed connection
Unable to initialize data connection to server

I've done some searching on the list and found people with similar problems. One solution appeared to be setting up a dummy interface and assigning an IP address to it. I also did some searching on the list concerning running HylaFAX on Fedora Core 2. The recent results that I saw seem to indicate users having issues with this environment. So, I guess my questions to the list are:
1) Is anyone successfully running HylaFAX on Fedora Core 2, and if so can you provide any hints, tips, tricks, etc. needed to get it running?

2) If Fedora Core 2 is not a preferred platform can anyone make recommendations for a good Linux distribution to use with HylaFAX. Others that I would prefer to try would be RedHat 9 or Fedora Core 1, but I would be willing to check out others.

Thanks in advance.

John Welch
Systems Analyst
Brockway-Smith Co.