Re: [hylafax-users] Email notification

Hello Reuben

I would suggest to install postfix or exim. Exim configuration is very simple. Postfix can be configured with webmin if necessary.
IMHO both are much easier to set up and configure then sendmail.

regards,
Josi

--
Josef Ender, Bitspot AG
http://www.bitspot.com

Reuben Raj wrote:
Hi

I have installed HylaFAX on Mandrake 8.2. I can receive and send out faxes. However I don't get an email notification. I assumed that I would need sendmail working on my system for HylaFAX to send me the notification. I am correct in assuming this? As this is my first time working sendmail I am having quite a few problems. Is there any other way to send email notifications? I already have SMTP address from my ISP.

System details

OS: Mandrake 8.2
Hylafax ver 4.1.6

Thanks