[hylafax-users] Email notification

Hi

I have  installed HylaFAX on Mandrake 8.2. I can receive and send out faxes. However I don't get an email notification. I assumed that I would need sendmail working on my system for HylaFAX to send me the notification. I am correct in assuming this? As this is my first time working sendmail I am having quite a few problems. Is there any other way to send email notifications? I already have SMTP address from my ISP.

System details

OS: Mandrake 8.2
Hylafax ver 4.1.6

Thanks