Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.2 + FaxNotify

marthter a écrit :

Lionel DARNIS wrote on 14/12/04 08:38 PM:

Hi ,

I use Hylafx 4.2 and I try to receive an email with a pdf attachment whe the fax is done.
I used FaxNotify with :

NOTIFY_FAXMASTER=yes;
RETURNFILETYPE=pdf;

I receive the email with an attachment but the pdf have Ok and is unreadable ?
What can I do ? What can I test ?

Thanks for yor help,

Regards,

Lionel

Search the list archives from 10 minutes ago : - )

Doesn't anyone else want to answer this question !?? I think I know how typecast actors feel : - )

If you view the message source and you see that the encoded data is in fact there... i.e. a big block of characters like this, which goes on for several kilobytes:

ZW50aXR5Pj4KZW5kb2JqCjggMCBvYmoKPDwvU3VidHlwZS9JbWFnZQovQ29s
b3JTcGFjZS9EZXZpY2VHcmF5Ci9XaWR0aCAxNzI4Ci9IZWlnaHQgMTExNAov
Qml0c1BlckNvbXBvbmVudCAxCi9GaWx0ZXIvQ0NJVFRGYXhEZWNvZGUKL0Rl

AND you see (just a line or two above that) a line that says:

...then that is your problem (it should say "base64" after the colon). Did you run faxsetup after you installed, or since you upgraded? If not, then run faxsetup, that usually corrects this. You can also correct this manually, see http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-11/msg00283.html (but note that message should say bin/notify, not etc/notify).

If you don't even have the block of characters at all (and since you say the attachment is zero kb, I fear that you are in this boat), that is probably a different problem, for which I don't know the exact answer. I suspect it is something with your MIMENCODE setting (search list archives or FAQ for MIMENCODE or uuencode_it), the correct setting will depend on which encoding packages you have installed.

Hope that helps.

Martin

I'm poor lone....
I have Base64 config so it seems to come from MIMENCODE settings and I don't see how to do to solve the problem :(

Thanks for your help Martin... Another idea ?

Regards,

Lionel