Re: [hylafax-users] receipt as pdf gets only empty file

Hello Martin

Many thanks for your help!

> First of all, you made the pdf/pfd typo two out of three times in this
> e-mail.  Are you sure you didn't make the same mistake in your

Yup, sorry mistyped....

> Second, as recommended when you joined the list
> (http://www.hylafax.org/mailing-lists.html) you should give your

Uuuuh, again sorry for that. Here is my data:
HylaFAX Version 4.2.0
OS Linux Debian Sarge Kernel 2.4.27
Modem: Zyxel U1496E/V 6.21 M

You are cool! exactly the base64 was missing in my email..... but
I applied your suggestion. Now I get Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 but still no file data. Here is an example:

---snip---

--NextPart14688

Your facsimile job to 00498121900002255 was completed successfully.

         Pages: 2
       Quality: Normal
    Page Width: 209 (mm)
   Page Length: 296 (mm)
   Signal Rate: 14400 bit/s
   Data Format: 2-D MR
         Calls: 4 (total phone calls placed)
Submitted From: localhost.localdomain
         JobID: 58
       GroupID: 58
        CommID: c000000090

Processing time was 0:50.

--NextPart14688

--NextPart14688--

--------------040406080803020503030607--

---snip---

> Apparently /var/spool/hylafax/etc/notify has the following lines:

do you mean: /var/spool/hylafax/etc/FaxNotify? or is it the same?

> The cause of this, I believe, is doing an upgrade but failing to run
> faxsetup again after the upgrade.  Is this what you did?

This is a newly installed system. AFAIR there was no upgrade.

I rerun faxsetup and added some lines to FaxNotify. My complete FaxNotify is now:
RETURNFILETYPE=pdf;
ENCODING=base64
. etc/setup.cache
ENCODING=base64

But still the same:
No Attachment data: like in the example above.

any more ideas?

many thanks!

Josi

--