[hylafax-users] custom faxcover with hylafax-4.2, tgif-4.1-43

It's late. I'm tired. I've been looking at this thing for several hours
now and I'm convinced that I'm just missing the problem.

I have the function in my ps file:

1 setlinejoin
/nullstring () def
/IS {
    dup where {
        pop
        load dup nullstring ne {S} {pop} ifelsehave the function in my
ps file:
    } {pop} ifelse
} bind def

I have this at the end:

tgifsavedpage restore

/Courier findfont 11 scalefont setfont
/rule (________________________________) def
/y 189 def /x 141 def
y -29 73 { x exch moveto rule show } for
rule stringwidth pop 29 x y comments BreakIntoLines
grestore

end
showpage

The faxcover program generates the appropriate functions and fills the
fields as expected. I can save the generated ps file and through gs
without complaints but the field values don't show up.

Here's a sample value provided by the faxcover program:
/to-fax-number (4467744) def

Here's a sample of the tgif generated code:
% TEXT
NP
0 SG
   GS
      1 W
      648 343 M
      GS
            0 SG
            /Courier-Bold FF [18 0 0 -18 0 0] MS
            /to-fax-number IS
      GR
   GR

The values just won't show up. I've copied other people's ps files that they
say work on their systems and when I run them through faxcover with values
filled in they also don't show up. Tell me what I'm missing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
REB