Re: [hylafax-users] Caught signal 11 - Solved

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Gerry Doris wrote:

> I have been having all kinds of grief trying to be able to connect to
> Hylafax (see other posts).
>
> I first thought it was a problem with Whfc but then released that I can't
> even telnet to the server and log in using the user command.  I then
> thought it was a problem with the hosts.hfaxd file (ownership/permissions)
> but that isn't the case.
>
> Now when I telnet into the server (from the server) and try and login
> using the user command I get
>
> 230 USER gerry logged in
>
> immediately followed by
>
> Connection closed by foreign host
>
> What I have also found is that in my log files I'm seeing is
>
> HylaFAX: CAUGHT SIGNAL 11
>
> for every attempt.  Checking the archives I noticed that this is really a
> segmentation fault and often the result of a hardware failure.  This
> server runs 7x24 for weeks at a time and I have never seen a CAUGHT SIGNAL
> 11 or segmentation fault on it with any other program.  I really doubt
> it's a hardware fault.
>
> I've uninstalled hylafax a couple of times now but get the same result.
> Unless someone has any other suggestions I'm going to try going back to
> the last version (4.19?).  Everything was working fine on it.
>
> BTW, the hylafax server receives faxes perfectly.  I just can login to
> view or send.

I hate to reply to my own email but I have fixed the problems I've been
having with Hylafax by removing version 4.2.0 and going back to 4.1.8.

I've tried installing/deinstall 4.2.0 but it just will not work on my
server.  It always has a CAUGHT SIGNAL 11 message and crashes.  4.1.8
works perfectly.

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening???

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer