[hylafax-users] Caught signal 11

I have been having all kinds of grief trying to be able to connect to
Hylafax (see other posts).

I first thought it was a problem with Whfc but then released that I can't
even telnet to the server and log in using the user command.  I then
thought it was a problem with the hosts.hfaxd file (ownership/permissions)
but that isn't the case.

Now when I telnet into the server (from the server) and try and login
using the user command I get

230 USER gerry logged in

immediately followed by

Connection closed by foreign host

What I have also found is that in my log files I'm seeing is

HylaFAX: CAUGHT SIGNAL 11

for every attempt.  Checking the archives I noticed that this is really a
segmentation fault and often the result of a hardware failure.  This
server runs 7x24 for weeks at a time and I have never seen a CAUGHT SIGNAL
11 or segmentation fault on it with any other program.  I really doubt
it's a hardware fault.

I've uninstalled hylafax a couple of times now but get the same result.
Unless someone has any other suggestions I'm going to try going back to
the last version (4.19?).  Everything was working fine on it.

BTW, the hylafax server receives faxes perfectly.  I just can login to
view or send.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer