Re: [hylafax-users] Does hylafax work on Fedora Core 2?

Gerry Doris wrote:

I've spent all day trying to figure out how to log into hylafax that's running on Fedora Core 2. Hylafax can receive faxes just fine and sends them to the FaxMaster.

I can telnet to localhost port 4559 and run the stat command. However, I
can't login using the user command. I'm always asked for a password and then the login fails.

It actually says user gerry logged in and then connection closed by
foreign host.

I've run the faxadduser command to add user gerry. I can delete user
gerry using faxdeluser. I have hosts.hfaxd owned by uucp.uucp and with
permissions 600. hosts.faxd contains just one line containing gerry. I'm trying to telnet from the same server that's running hylafax.

I tried faxadduser -a "password" gerry where password is root's password. The hosts.hfaxd file contained one line with gerry:::"encrypted stuff" where I assume the encrypted stuff is the encrypted password. However, I still can't login!

I've even uninstalled hylafax and re-installed it again. Still no go! I'm using the rpm post on the hylafax website for Fedora.

I'm starting to wonder if hylafax actually runs properly on Fedora Core 2???

Hello,
My hosts.hfaxd has  these lines first:

localhost
127.0.0.1

I put in the LAN range like this:

192.168.1

With that line, users on the lan no longer had to use a password to log on using WHFC.
This is not a problem on the network I have. You could also try putting in the IP of the specific client machine only.

Try out enabling your lan like that, ans see what happens.