Re: [hylafax-users] Repost - HylaFAX not honoring T.31?

* Steve Underwood <steveu@xxxxxxxxxxx> [041126 21:34]:

> If my softmodem replies "0,1.0" faxgetty sticks as the point where it is
> waiting for the reply to "+FCLASS=?", until a timeout occurs.
> If my softmodem replies "0,1" faxgetty is happy, and I can send and
> receive faxes successfully with my softmodem.
>
> I make no other changes, so this does not appear to be related to
> whether I send "OK" at the right times, or gets the line feed and
> carriage returns right.

Can you show the logs?  Does it actually read the response, and then
"half-handle" it?  If it's not reading it, perhaps an strace of
faxgetty?

> Although I can get HylaFAX to work, "0,1" does not comply with the spec.
> and I am not happy about that. I realise the spec is much abused. Some
> modems document that "1" will give you a modem like the T.31 spec. and
> "1.0" will give you a modem like the V.34 supplement to T.31. They claim
> this complies with T.31, but T.31 does not concur with that view.

As a practical intermediate, how about "0,1,1.0"  I know, 1.0 pretty
much implies 1...

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103