Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Client - Server problem

Kimble Young wrote:

> I would say that you'd need a rather advanced router (read expensive)
> or a box running linux to provide this kind of functionality.
>
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

 Dpends on what router/firewall the OP is running at the moment. As you
mentioned previously, the HylaFAX server assigns a dynamic port upon
connection, so the OP will need to use a firewall which uses some type of
keep state setup, thereby allowing a totally different port number
(incoming) to the outgoing (4559) port. I know Ipfilter provides this
functionality, as probably will Ipfw.

Matt