Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech DID Inbound

* Wendell Dingus <wendell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [041111 11:39]:

> I'm not local to the server so I asked the customer to do this. I
> disabled faxgetty, connected to the modem, factory defaulted it, set
> the speaker on and some volume, &W wrote the changes, exited,
> re-enabled faxgetty. What I don't know though is if faxgetty undid
> that change for me? I didn't see anything about setting speaker status
> or volume in the config.ttyQ1a5 file or I would have changed it there.

man hylafax-config:
	SpeakerVolume
	ModemSetVolumeCmd

If faxgetty's ServerTracing/SessionTracing are high enough you will be
able to see all the communication between faxgetty and the modem during
the initialisation sequence.

> Anyway, no he did not hear the fax/carrier tones but of course did see
> the lights light up on the front of the modem like crazy when it
> answered. If there is no audio through the speaker does that possibly
> indicate a wiring problem or something like that? It could also just
> be that faxgetty turned the speaker right back off on me I suppose...

Irregardless of other problems, it probably turned the volume down.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103