Re: [hylafax-users] Windows Client for Hylafax

Larry Hansford wrote:
Are there alternatives for Windows Clients, other than WHFC and Cypheus? I have HylaFax running with a MultiTech MultiModem 8-port board, and it has been working flawlessly for both send and receive of faxes. But, the client has been less than ideal.

I need to be able to broadcast faxed newsletters to a large list of names and numbers. I set up a MySQL database for WHFC to handle this, but then found the limitation that it will not properly complete the cover sheet for each addressee -- it puts the name and organization of the very last number on every cover page.

I've experimented with Cypheus, but it tends to be very unstable, and crashes frequently. Cypheus seems to consume a lot of resources on the PC when it is running.

Can anyone recommend an alternative client that can be used to send the broadcast faxes, with cover sheets properly addressed?

I'm writing hylapex, an open source hylafax-client written in python. You can find it on sf.net/projects/hylapex.
Now it's not able to send cover sheet, but I want to add this features into version 2.0. If you have docs or if you can explain me how a client send covers sheet to hylafax, hylapex is happy. :)

Michele