Re: [hylafax-users] Debian sarge- Hylafax 4.2 - Kde clients

Am 2004.11.05 12:41 schrieb(en) Christian Lauinger:

Then I setup my Debian Clients (kdeprintfax) to send the faxes
over the Hylafaxsever. On clients there is no error.
But the Hylafaxserver could not send the faxes.

Hello Christian,

can you send a fax by calling sendfax (with appropriate arguments) on your server?

Kdeprintfax uses this command
"/usr/bin/sendfax -n -h %server %res %time_a -x %enterprise -c % comment -f %email -d %name@%number %files"
Is that correct ?

I don't know the %-Parameters. Do %res and %time_a include an option character for sendfax? Compare the documentation of Kdeprintfax with the manpage of sendfax.
But check the server configuration first. (see below)

My server also uses sendfax, but I have in my
Hylafax config file the entry
FaxSendCmd:   /usr/sbin/c2sendfax

In my configuration file (on Debian) I have

SendFaxCmd: /usr/bin/c2faxsend

Did you install the official capi4hylafax package or did you compile it yourself? The directory may depend on how you installed this, but I think the file name should probably be the same.

Assuming the client can successfully transfer the fax job to the server, the server should write error messages into syslog. (On my Debian system these are in /var/log/messages.)

Bodo