Re: [hylafax-users] AW: Modem usb

I have used these and all you need is driver as stated ealier, i am currently using 3 Duxbury modems and 3 Microcom 56K Travel/S

Both use the SGS Thomson Microelectronics chipset. All u need is a driver from Smartlink and it works like a charm.

Thanks.

erich.iseli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

28/10/2004 14:58

hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[hylafax-users] AW: Modem usb

Ciao Piero,

USB modem on Linux? I'm afraid you will have a hard time. I've just gone through this and first thing before even touching your modem with hylafax, just try to talk to your modem via minicom or a similar program. When the modem works, then - and only then - try to configure hylafax.

If you can, I'd suggest you to use a serial modem.

Just ignore this message if you are installing this USB modem on windows.

Erich