Re: [hylafax-users] is this possible.

Lee Howard wrote:
On 2004.10.13 11:47 Chiang Seng Chang wrote:

the feature i am looking for (which i believe is on most fax machines) is that the fax machine is constantly "listening-in" on the phone line and if it detects a fax tone, it takes over.

so that: phone rings, human (or answering machine) picks up, if is fax, fax machine take over seamlessly.

unless i overlooked, i think hylafax (and/or my modem) doesn't do that.

HylaFAX can be configured this way. It will require your modem to support "Adaptive Answer". You'll need to work on that modem configuration.

Lee.

I believe Adaptive Answer requires the modem to pick up the phone first.

If the call is not fax, how do the modem go back on hook and keep the phone ringing so that a human (or the answering machine) can pick up ?

-cs