Re: [hylafax-users] is this possible.

* Chiang Seng Chang <cs@xxxxxxxxx> [041013 13:19]:
> i think my intention was to use a shared line (voice, fax and answering
> machine).
>
> looks like it's not possible without distinctive ring.
>
> *sigh*

Depends what features you want...

If you want hylafax to *automatically* answer only certain calls, you
will need distinctive ring or something like that.

If you can live with answering all your calls yourself, and
"instructing" hylafax to answer some others, you can use the faxanswer
command (or write your one simple programe, etc...) connected to
something like a remote, serial switch, web-page, etc) to tell hylafax
to answer a line, having it not answer by default (RingsBeforeAnswer: 0).

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103