Re: [hylafax-users] Busy signal detected

--- Michele Mader <m.mader@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
> I have installed hylafax-server (hylafax-server
> (1:4.1.1-3) [security] ) on
> a debian server.
>
> I receive faxes correctly, but when i try to send
> them i have the following
> situation:
>
> If i send the fax to the local number (say '567') it
> works.
> If i send the same fax using the external line (say
> '01234567'), it doesn't
> work
> If i send the same fax to my voice line (say
> '01234568'), i hear the fax on
> the other side
>
> In the latter two cases, the message in xferfaxlog
> is something like:
>
> 08/27/04 16:33  SEND    00000124        ttyS1   24
>    ""      me@xxxxxxx
> "01234567"   ""      65535   00:39     0:00    "Busy
> signal detected"
>

> Note: the first 0 is to go outside and i think it
> should be followed by a
> little pause.
>
> Any suggestion to solve this problem?
> Thank you,
> Michele Mader

In your modem config file you should see a tag called
ModemDialCmd. The default value is ATDT%s but you can
change it to ATDT0%s so you don't needed including 0
to dial. You can also append @ to the string command
and the modem will wait 5 seconds before attempting to
connect, ex ATDT0%s@. This is mentioned in the file.
Other way is using dialrules, where you can define
what must be done according the fax number's length.
Cheers.

Pedro