Re: [hylafax-users] Modem Command Errors

On 2004.08.24 18:39 Horst Simon wrote:
Hi Lee,

The patch made it worse it took now 10 minutes for the timeout, with
the
error:
Failure to train remote modem.

Can you send me the log, please?

I reverted back to HylaFax 4.1.8 on
both
installations and it sents OK at 9600 between the two modems and to
fax
machines.

Can you send me the log of one of these faxes?

I set the DesiredSpeed to 9600, but it still starts at 14400
and trains down to 9600. Is it possible to force it to communicate
with
9600 only?

Are you saying that V.17 is broken on your modem?

Yes it (V.17) can be disabled, but the feature was added for 4.2.0.

Lee.