Re: [hylafax-users] Unable to view tiff files in whfc/windows

Hi,

Mark Halegua schrieb:

On Thursday 19 August 2004 04:29, Knut Kroeger wrote:

Hi Mark,

Mark Halegua schrieb:

I've used HylaFAX before and it's a great tool.  I've used WHFC, and it
works as a Windows client, except ...

I've got several Windows 98 systems, installed WHFC, and the client shows
several received faxes.  When I click on one of them, the Kodak image
program opens, but doesn't display the fax.  They're all tiff files.

Did you check the box "fetch received fax via ftp" in system preferences?

I checked in as per your suggestion. Nothing happened.

The kicker is, my (hopefully) temporary workaround, opening the recvq
directory using Samba.  When the user clicks on the tiff file, the same
Kodak imaging program opens up and displays the fax!!!!

My users would say: Too complicate!

Yeah, but it works! ;-)

It´s good to know how you can help yourself, even when it´s not the easiest way for the users.... ;-)

I've changed permissions on the files to 660 (-rw-rw---), but that hasn't
helped.

You have to change to 664 for the received files if you want to read them or 666 if you also want to delete them. I don´t know why you have to do this for world (because you log in with whfc as a user x and the user is a member of the group uucp) but it works for me. Maybe we need still a little help from the rest of the list?

I've changed the permissiions to 664, but that doesn't help printing from the WHFC windows client.

But viewing works?

Any other suggestions?

What about your settings in "Program and arguments for viewing received faxes" in system preferences? The important thing is the "%s" after the path of the viewing program. I use Irfanview for viewing, so my setting is " C:\Programme\IrfanView\i_view32.exe %s". Otherwise, if you don´t add the "%s" after the path, the viewing app would open, but without the fax you want to look at.

Knut