[hylafax-users] SOLUTION: Need to overlay data onto form prior to faxing

I have been looking for a little utility to overlay ascii text onto a
postscript form.  It was a long road, but this is what I have so far:

#!/bin/sh
#  overlay text.txt form.eps output.ps
echo Overlaying $1 onto form file $2, saving in $3
echo -e "\000epsf[x0ca y0ca nx ny ]{$2}" > /tmp/tmpfile.txt
cat $1 >> /tmp/tmpfile.txt
/usr/bin/enscript -B -e /tmp/tmpfile.txt -p $3

Simple, eh?  I wrote this little shell script from Giulio's AS400 example.
It will take an ascii text file and overlay it onto an EPS form, and save it
as a PS file ready to be faxed.

The exact procedure I followed was:

1.  Create a form in Excel, print to file using PS printer driver
2.  use ImageMagick's 'convert' untility to convert it to EPS:  "convert
form.ps form.eps"
3.  run the above shell script to overlay the form:  "overlay text.txt
form.eps output.ps"
4.  send fax:  "sendfax -d fax-number output.ps

The main limitation I see is its inability to handle multi-page forms.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

JM