Re: [hylafax-users] Mdk 10 problems

Bill Binko wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Michele Petrazzo wrote:

I work 2 days for make to work hylafax's (rpm found in mdk10 cd's), but
it not work. There was some problems with _all_ fax clients. I resolve
my problems with uninstall hylafax rpm's and build my hylafax from
sources (4.2.0). Now it work correctly.
So, if there's users that want use Mdk's rpm for hylafax, not do it!

Michele Petrazzo

Michele,
I'm sorry you had a hard time, but I've had Hylafax running in
production for 2 years now on Mandrake (first 9.1 and now 10.0).
I also work in production whit mdk 9.1 and it was great, but with 9.2 and now with 10 (all installation on same hw with USR modem), i had always problems:
9.2. In my installations, "forgot" to make execute permission in bin directory and user uucp have home directory in /var/spool/uucp and not in /var/spool/fax.
10.0 I install three mdk 10 in my customer's office with differents hardware (all cpu > 1000 w 128/256 Mb RAM and USR modem), plus my office's installation and all have problem with send fax, reschedule, suspend, and..., and... I believe that's network problems. But, like I yet said, if I build from source, it work correctly.

I also
just produced RPMs for 4.2.0 for Mandrake 10.  If you'd like to chat
offline, perhaps we can get you a set of RPMs that work for you (if you're
still interested).  I suspect that the combination of modem and
configuration you were using had troubles with 4.1.8 in general, and it
was the move to 4.2.0 that helped so much.
Yes, 4.2.0 work right.

Good luck,
Bill

Thanks, Michele Petrazzo