Re: [hylafax-users] problem receiving faxes with Hylafax v4.2.0 alpha 023

On 2004.08.18 09:58 Daniel Moreda García wrote:
Ok, thanks for your fast response.

I've used exactly the same modem, and the same phone line for the two tests.

Well, the only difference between the two log snippits I have shown are 5 characters in the NSF string ("beta2") and the modem's OK response two HDLC frames later. I really don't think that the length or contents of the NSF string in one HDLC frame is going to affect the modem's behavior two frames later.

I did the following:
I've updated and existing installation of Hylafax 4.2.0beta2 to 4.2.0 without changing any configuration parameter file and without changing the modem.
With 4.2.0beta2 this worked fine, and with 4.2.0 it doesn't work.

How was the initial installation performed? How did you perform the upgrade? My suspicion is that you now have, at least in part, two different installations on your system.

Lee.