Re: [hylafax-users] Somewhat OT: Need to overlay data onto form prior to faxing

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:45:53 -0400, Jim Moseby <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I am trying to overlay a preprinted form with form data.  In researching
>this I have found the following articles:
>
>1.  Convert form from .ps to TIFF (only done once)
>2.  Convert overlay data from ASCII to postscript
>3.  Convert overlay data from postscript to gif w/ transparent background
>4.  Composite form with data, save to TIFF
>5.  Fax resultant TIFF file

If you original data is ascii you can use enscript to overlay a form (in eps
format) on every page. Look at
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/as400pscript
for an example on a logo put on the first page only.

If you have ps as input, then look at
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5144.pdf
on how to use/add postscript forms

--