Re: [hylafax-users] Send fax quality

Shared Fax. Everytime that he send a fax from his laptop, quality is marked as a fine, and I have to say quality of the fax is almost prefect. When I send a fax form Hylafax (through a Sambafax and Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS driver the quality is marked as a normal and is

Since you use sambafax, edit the sambafax script and change

${SENDFAX} -n -D -f ${MailTo} -d ${FAXNUM} ${FAXFILE}

into (add -m, meaning "use fine resolution if possible"):

${SENDFAX} -m -n -D -f ${MailTo} -d ${FAXNUM} ${FAXFILE}

if you are using the latest 4.2.0rc, then you can even add -G meaning "use
highest possible resolution: superfine, hyperfine, ..)

Hi,

I'm new, been lurking, considering implementing Hylafax in our office.

The above doesn't sound very efficient...

Shouldn't this be an end-user option (ion the client) that is changeable for each fax?

I mean, when sending a wp document, it obviously doesn't need to go out photo (or even superfine), but a picture would - so, the sender should just be able to set a radio button choice for the resolution at the time he is sending...

Are there any Hylafax clients that do this?

Thanks

Charles

Increasing resolution obviously increases transmission times and costs.