Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax DB integration (postgresql) and/or API

I'm working on building a commercial multi subscriber system with hylafax.
Everything is attached to a mysql backend.

I've achieved this through PHP scripts as replacements for:

* faxrcvd - works out which number was called and looks up user email
addresses and emails them the fax. Does other transformation work and sticks
it all in the DB for a web interface.

* faxsend - wraps around the real faxsend and changes tagline information
and eventually will add cover sheets etc
* notify  - keeps user updated on progress of their fax, works out final
charge for fax when it's complete.

Depending on how complex u need things it would not be hard for an average
skilled programmer to knock out a simple set of
scripts to throw all the information about what fax work has beeen done.

IIRC there are a few web/db interfaces for Hylafax out there but they all
seem very customised to the programmer's idea of what is needed.

Hylafax is very, very flexible so really you can end up doing what you want
given the time and money.

Regards,

Kimble Young