Re: [hylafax-users] "Best" Fax Modem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Williams, Jeff" <jeff.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> All:
>
> We have pretty much decided that our USR Sportster modems aren't going to
> cut it once we start using our HylaFax server to send faxes to our
> customers.  Does anyone have a recommendation about a really good modem that
> is going to be able to communicate reliably with 99% of the fax machines out
> there?

I've been using two Best Data FaxModems under class 1 with hylafax 4.1.8. I've
used them for about 3 years now. We average 1000-3000 pages a week. They've
worked fine. About once every 4-5 months one of them gets wedged and I have to
power cycle it.

I've used them with RH7.3, 8.0, 9 and FC1, FC2 with no major problems except what
I noted above.

Aside from that, at ~$40 they have been pretty good.

Mike