[hylafax-users] Transmit Phase D Error and Modem Wedged problem

Hi,

I have a problem sending faxes. I use Digi Acceleport RAS 8 Multi modem
adapter (has 8 modems). Generally things work fine, but when transmitting to
some fax machines, i get a Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including
+FPHCTO timeout between data and +FET command error message. The strange
thing is that after that occurs, when i run faxstat, i get a Waiting for
modem to become ready message. And after some time, the modem gets wedged. I
also get a mail stating that it was not possible to setup the modem. Then
hylafax operates with only with 7 lines, and if again this happens, another
modem gets wedged. Typically by the end of sending a 1000 faxes, I lose all
of my modems, and then have to restart to get them going again.

Any idea why the modem does not get reset after getting this error ? I would
appreciate it if any one could help me out on this.

Thanks

Rajesh

PS: My xferfaxlog entry for this problem:

08/05/04 12:09 SEND 000001976 ttyG002 3126 "" faxclient@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"065590588" "97165590588" 3219480 0 4:30 4:05 "Unspecified Transmit Phase D
error, including +FPHCTO timeout between data and +FET command" "" ""