Re: [hylafax-users] High Error Rates still

On Fri July 30 2004 11:57 am, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2004.07.30 11:45 Stephen Carville wrote:
> > I swapped out serial cables, phone lines and modems and I'm still
> > getting 5%
> > plus of my faxes with lots of bad lines.   I only have three incoming
> > lines
> > recived abotu 120 faxes in a ten hour period.  The computer is a Dell
> > 1550
> > with dual 1 Ghz CPUs and 512 M of RAM.  It shares the fax duties with
> > the
> > intranet web server and Big Brother.  The goal is to have 6 lines (3
> > in, 3
> > out)  but, so far, it doesn't look promising.
> >
> > I've read about people using hylafax with dozens of lines so is there
> > a magic
> > serial card or modem I need to use?  :-)
>
> What modems are you using, and in what Class are you using them?

Currently I am using:

ttyS0: 56K External Modem Venus V.92 (69% of trafffic)
ttyS4: USRobotics Courier V.Everything (28% of traffic)
ttyS5: USRobotics Courier V.Everything (3% of traffic)

(These are modems that were lying around the shop and some are pretty old)

All are configured as class 1

> What version of HylaFAX are you using?

4.1.8

> What are the typical receiving errors that you see?

Among the more popular ones:

Unspecified Phase C error, including too much delay between TCF and +FDR
command

T.30 T2 timeout, expected page not received

Teh most popular error is sometinhg like:

RECV: 123 total lines, 85 bad lines, 13 consecutive bad lines
RECV: REJECT page quality, 30% good lines (95% required)

This particular fax was resent about 2 minutes later with similar results:

RECV: 123 total lines, 84 bad lines, 12 consecutive bad lines
RECV: REJECT page quality, 31% good lines (95% required)

--
Stephen Carville
Unix and Network Adminstrator