Re: [hylafax-users] Using JobID's to retrieve faxes

* Chris Cameron <chris@xxxxxxxxx> [040729 16:12]:
> Is there any good way to get a .ps file of a fax, successful or failed
> from a jobid?
>
> Are files in docq/ suppose to correspond to JobID's?
>
> When a fax fails, I'll get something like "JobID: 184", but the ps file
> in docq/ is doc192.ps.184.
>
> So, from that you'd assume the ending number represented the JobID.
> However, when a fax goes through, the JobID I'm given matches to a
> docq/ file that doesn't have the JobID anywhere in the name or file.
>

> Is the number after doc (docxxx.ps) -suppose- to match the jobid?

And if your don't want to go poking around in them (or are on a remote
server), the HylaFAX client-server protocol makes it easy too:

mountie@pepper:~$ ncftp -P 4559 espresso
NcFTP 3.1.7 (Jan 07, 2004) by Mike Gleason (http://www.NcFTP.com/contact/).
Connecting to 10.0.10.100...
espresso server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.2.0rc2) ready.
Logging in...
User anonymous logged in.
Logged in to espresso.
ncftp / > quote job 12345
Current job: jobid: 12345 groupid: 12345.
ncftp / > quote jparm document
PCL docq/doc43.ps
End of documents.
ncftp / > get docq/doc43.ps
doc43.ps:                                              386.57 kB   96.06
kB/s
ncftp / > quit

Gotta love the protocol - Just use your favourite FTP program...

a.
--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103