Re: [hylafax-users] Linux, 2.6, PCI Modems, And Weirdness

* Michael J. Pedersen <pedermj@xxxxxxxxxxx> [040729 10:34]:

> HylaFAX didn't like those ports too much, so I did symlinks, and got

I'm interested in this.  It should work just fine on those ports (unless
you have modemgroup rule, or such things which still point to old ports).

Can you explain what is (not) happening with those ports?

> things working (i.e.: ttyS4 points to ttyS14, etc). Now, though, my
> output from faxstat looks like this:
>
> HylaFAX scheduler on divs06.divd01: Running
> Modem ttyS6 (): Running and idle
> Modem ttyS15 (): Waiting for modem to come free
> Modem ttyS7 (): Running and idle
> Modem ttyS44 (): Waiting for modem to come free
> Modem ttyS45 (): Waiting for modem to come free
> Modem ttyS14 (): Waiting for modem to come free
> Modem ttyS5 (): Running and idle
> Modem ttyS4 (): Running and idle
>
> Where it used to look like this:
>
> HylaFAX scheduler on divs06.divd01: Running
> Modem ttyS4 (): Running and idle
> Modem ttyS5 (): Running and idle
> Modem ttyS6 (): Running and idle
> Modem ttyS7 (): Running and idle
>
> So, my question is thus: How do I make HylaFAX see just my correct four
> modems, and not the bogus serial ports? I believe this was the cause of
> one fax failure last night, and wish to prevent more of the same
> occurring.

hfaxd (which is showing you these modems) determines modems by looking
for 3 things:

FIFO.XXXXXXXXXXXX
etc/config.XXXXXXXXXXXX
status/XXXXXXXXXXXXX

So you should just be able to remove the FIFO, config and status files
for those devices you "don't" use, with no ill effects.