Re: [hylafax-users] Fw: use fax machine as scanner

 I'd ideally like to be able to connect a scanner directly to the lan and for a user to be able to pop a document in  it  and  send it to his/her desktop. From here it could be sent as a fax or used in other ways.

 One not-very-cheap alternative is to use a HP Digital Sender 9100c. This will scan documents and then email them on your network as a PDF or TIF I believe. I've never used one, but they sound like they would be an elegant but expensive solution to your problem. They can be found under the fax/copier/scanner section of HP's website.

-David