[hylafax-users] Strange page-chop observed by receivers.

I have a problem destination in Hong Kong which claims all of the faxes
issued by my servers to them are "chopped".

When I divert the faxjob documents and examine them, they are properly
imaged and flawlessly converted to TIFF/F's with information like:

  Image Width: 1728 Image Length: 1146
  Resolution: 204, 98 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 4
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  FillOrder: lsb-to-msb

OK, so that's the way it should be.

The faxes are generated by "sendfax", which in this case are pure-text
emails which get converted into Postscript by textfmt as usual.

When I examine the logs, the tranmission is flawless... 14,400 baud, ECM,
and all of the stuff I like to see in my faxjob logs which indicate a modern
fax machine with no errors.

The client tells me they use an electronic fax processing system, and I have
a funny feeling it's doing some stupid page-chopping.  They sent over one of
their received fax tiff files, and the chopping is always a few pixels too
tight and cuts into the last line of text at the bottom of the pages.

Am I on the right track, or is there something I'm missing?  I'm tempted to
turn on the "outline border" for these text jobs, but since these people
send PDF files to each other, there's little I can do about those.

I'm using Hylafax 4.1.7 with a Multitech ZBA with 1.28H firmware (freshly
upgraded), run in Class 2.1 mode.

Any advice would be cheerfully appreciated,

=R=