Re: [hylafax-users] Copy of received faxes

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:13:08 -0700, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On 2004.07.17 19:08 Jason Valenzuela wrote:
>> I am trying to find a way to copy a received fax's .tiff file into a
>> different directory. In this case it's a directory under a Samba
>> share.
>> I tried placing a 'cp $FILE <destination dir>' in the bin/faxrcvd
>> script
>> but to no avail. Any suggestions?
>
>faxgetty chroots to the spool directory, so you're not going to be able
>to access anything outside of the spool directory from faxrcvd without
>breaking the chroot.

I actually have in bin/faxrcvd
if [ -x bin/faxrcvd.custom ]; then
        bin/faxrcvd.custom "$@" >$ERRORSTO 2>&1 &
fi

and in faxrcvd.custom
install -o user -g group -m mode $file "$dir/$date_dir/$file_dest"
where $dir is outside the spool dir.
I use install in place of cp+chown+chmod to save typing.

All is working, files get copied in that dir.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx